Shri Ashwaswar Mahadev:
Lord Shiva in his phallic form, the Shiva Linga. As a prominent deity of Hindu mythology and beliefs, Lord Shiva is believed to be the protector and destroyer of the Universe. Despite being in peaceful meditation, Shiva is believed to be the one who can be easily pleased by his devotees. Prajanya Maharaj, one of the devotees of Shiv did an arduous sacrament to please Lord Shiva. He would take a bath in the kund every day and then worship Lord Shiva here. The incessant faith of the King pleased Shiva, in lieu of which he blessed him with five sons with all the goodness.
Lord Krishna, the supreme power and darling of Braj is one of the grandsons of Parjanya Maharaj. Asheshwar temple in Nandgaon is believed to be the one, which bestows pilgrims with eternal knowledge, peace, and devotion. Every pilgrim visiting this soul-soothing temple takes home the eternal blessings of Lord Asheshwar Mahadev that are cherished for life.
Ter Kadamb is the place where Shree Roop Goswami used to sing lovely songs in praise of Radha Rani and Lord Krishna. It is believed that this was the place where Shri Radha and Shri Krishna had spent time and had done amazing exploits. The place is situated on the road from Nandgaon to Javat. Ter Kadamba Mandir is the temple that lets devotees experience the various pastimes of Shri Radha and Shri Krishna. The major attraction of the temple that fascinates devotees is the platform where the mischievous pastimes of Radha Rani and Lord Krishna are staged by artists disguised as Radha-Krishna.
“Confidential Pastimes of Radha and Krishna in the Village of Yavat”
- Javat – Radharani’s In-Laws’ House:
- Javat is a small village where Radharani used to stay with her in-laws after her marriage.
- Radha was married to Abhimanyu on the advice of Paurnamasi Devi to introduce Parakiya bhava.
- In the spiritual world, Parakiya rasa is the highest form of love for Krishna.
- In Javat, Radha and Krishna had numerous confidential pastimes.
- Krishna always outsmarted Jatila and Kutila to meet Radharani.
- Radha and Krishna would enjoy pastimes in the Kadamba forest.
- Krishna used to make the sound of a cuckoo to send signals to Radharani.
- There is a deity of Krishna worshiped in Yavat temple where He manifests as Kali.