Ph : 03472-248218 Estd : In 1958 by Srila B. K. Audulomi Goswami Maharaj
P.O. : Swarupganj, Dist. : Nadia, West Bengal Pin - 741315
When Om Vishnu Pada Paramhansa 108 Sri Srimad Bhakti Keval Audulomi Maharaj was ornamented with the chair of Acharya of Gaudiya Mission, he felt disheartened that the Mission has no place for Bhajan(Devotion) at Sri Dham Nabadwip, the most sacred place for the Gaudiyas. Being inspired by his Guru Srila Prabhupada , he immediately collected a huge piece of land at Godrum Dham – the place significant among Nabadwips as Kirthanakshya Dwip or the place of chanting Harikirtan.
On 6th September, 1957 the foundation Stone was laid on the day of Birth Anniversary of Thakur Bhakti Vinod. On 5th March, 1958, the newly built temple was inaugurated amidst huge gathering of devotees and spiritual- minded peoples, chanting the name of Lord Mahaprabhu. The deities of Sri Gour Radha Godrumbihari jiu took pleasure to come from Derjiling Math to be sited there and to be worshipped and to glorify the temple. Srila Gurumaharaj named the temple by the name of his Guru ‘Sri Bhakti Siddhanta Saraswati Gaudiya Math’.
It was on 21st March of the same year for the first time Srila Gurumaharaj started the Nabadwip Dham Parikrama (circumambulation of Nabadip Dham) on behalf of the Mission after a long intervention.
He inaugurated the Bhaktivinod natyamandir and monument (Puspa Samadhi Mandir) of Srila Prabhupada in the year 1960 and the deity of Srila Prabhupada was endowed with life on 10th December, 1976.
The location of this math is very close to ‘ Swananda Sukhada Kunja (or the bhajan Kuthir of Srila Bhaktivinod).
Every year the devotees assemble here on the occasion of Gaurajayanti or Holy. They listen to Gaurkatha(discourses on Chaitanya Mahaprahu) for seven days and for 5 days they perform circumambulation of nabadwips (nine islands) with the saints of the mission and at last are engrossed in nectarine Gaursundar at the auspicious Birth anniversary of Lord Sri Gauranga Sundar surrendering their sole at the feet of Guru and Gauranga forgetting all the calls of the material world. When the devotees chant aloud-
‘Nitai ki nam aneche re namer hate
…..shradhya mullye nam diteche re'
the wind around reminds echoing of some events 500 years ago that took place when Lord Himself as Gauranga Mahaprabhu with His associates- Nitaynanda and others came to this material plane to cure the sufferings of the souls.
The beauty of the math premises surrounded by gardens reminds the Divine abode of Lord Sri Krishna (Golak Vindavan Dham). The winds here glorifies Sriman Mahaprabhu. And the river Ganges flows down carrying the divine water of Mercy to rescue us the fallen soul from the mundane plane to a spiritual Platform of ever-lasting Happiness.