Gaudiya Mission Paravidyapeeth
Posted on: August 27, 2015
Posted By: Manomit
Gaudiya Mission, a philanthropic organization, believes in improving the spiritual, psychological, physical and environmental conditions in a society. This total development of a person, a devotee in particular, depends to a great extent on learning traditional texts and the commentaries thereof written mostly in Sanskrita on Vedanta, Srimad-Bhagavata, Nyaya, &c., as well as practice of the same through prayer, meditation and related ritualistic performances.
The Gaudiya Mission Para-Vidyapeeth, was established in 1935 by Srila Bhakti Siddhanta Saraswati Goswami Prabhupada, the founder Acharya of Gaudiya Mission to convey the best and the highest of all education – the education of self-organization and realization of the Truth, as showed by Sri Krishna Chaitanya Mahaprabhu.
The Gaudiya Mission Para-Vidyapeeth was later recognized by the Government of India in the year 1966 as the Education Institution, as declared in the Govt. Gazette in 1784. The Mission has recently started Gaudiya Mission Para-Vidyapeeth Research Institute, a centre of Research and Culture. Various courses are being offered in this Institute including continuous course in Sanskrit Learning (Basic & Advance) as detailed below. The Mission has been doing its best to increase practice of Sanskrit language, both among members of the monastic order and outside. The learning of Sanskrit, the Mission believes, will facilitate the understanding not only of ancient scriptures, but also of Indian ancient Indian literature, science and spirituality.
Courses Offered :
- Post Doctoral Research on Vaisnavism, Vedanta, Nyaya and Sahitya : Tenure – 2 years, extendable for 6 months initially; Post – 2. Fellowship – Rs.3000/- per month. Selection – By an expert committee constituted of Administrative Committee members and Course Coordinators. Age – No Bar.
- Upadhi in Gaudiya Vaishnava Darshana following Toll system of Sanskrita Shiksa Parisad, WB. Tenure: 2 years. Seat – 10.
- Bhakti Shastri Course : Tenure: 1 year. Seat – 20. Age – No Bar.
- Sampradaya-Vaibhava- Acharya Course : Tenure – 1 year. Seats – 20.
- Sanskrit Learning Course (Basic): Tenure – 6 months. Seats – 25. Age – No Bar.
- Sanskrit Learning Course (Advance) : Tenure – 1 year. Seats – 25. Age – No Bar.
- Gaudiya Nritya / Mridanga Baadana / Kirtana : Open to all interested in the subject. Tenure : 2 years for each Upadhi. Seats – 10 + 10 + 10. Age : Minimum 4 years.
Eligibility Criteria :
- Eligibility for Post Doctoral Research: Doctorate degree in any discipline; Age: No bar.Selection will be made on evaluation of the synopsis submitted by the candidate and an interview by the Administrative Committee.
- Eligibility for Bhaktishastri Course: At least 50% marks in aggregate in Higher Secondary or equivalent School Leaving Courses with background in Sanskrit / Philosophy; Age: Not more than 20 years.
- Eligibility for Sampradaya-Vaibhava-Acharya Course: Graduate in any discipline with at least 50% marks, And/Or, secured Bhaktishastri or any equivalent Upadhi (Toll system). Knowledge of Sanskrit and/or Philosophy is essential.
- Sanskrit Learning Course (Basic): Eligibility: Passed Secondary or equivalent with 55% marks in aggregate.
- Sanskrit Learning Course (Advance) : Eligibility: Graduate/Post Graduate in Sanskrit / Philosophy / Allied subjects. Those who have qualified in Sanskrit Learning Course (Basic) will get preference on graduation from any discipline.
- Gaudiya Nritya / Mridanga Badana / Kirtana : Open to all interested in the subject.
- Tuition Fees per Semester / 6 months course will be Rs.1000/- (Classes 2 days in a week)
- Tuition Fees for Gaudiya Nritya / Mridanga Vadana / Kirtana will be Rs.500/- per month (Classes 2 days in a week).
- Accomodation charges for Residential Students Rs.5000/- per month (including two round meals).
Contact Us : 9088373464